Angels In My Rearview

I am a 30 year old MOM of 2, WIFE of 1. My chilluns are almost 3 and 1. I live in Texas as of the beginning of 2006. I have a wonderful and nearly-perfect husband who such praise is lost on because he is much less swayed by any acclaim, or already knows it. I am mostly fulfilled by my job, sometimes overwhelmed, and frequently searching for deeper meaning under piles of laundry. I believe in documenting the things that leave impressions and that make you laugh. Thus, I blog.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

This Evening

I came home to three Mexicans in my bathroom. Betcha never had that happen to you! Apparently my AC is broken, and if you're ever asked, it takes 3 to fix it. Here's the breakdown: One to do the work and two to keep him company.
While they worked and chatted in rhythmic spanish, I enjoyed a most delicious bowl of Vietnamese soup. It was a virtual melting pot in my little home. When I first came home and saw three of them in the little bathroom, talking and laughing, I thought I was funny when I asked them if they were having a fiesta in my bano. They didn't laugh as much as me, but maybe's it's because they didn't understand me. Or maybe I said siesta not fiesta...
Later while I was eating my most delicious soup, Jay called. I jumped up from the table and said, "I'll get it" and laughed quite heartily at myself. Again, they didn't laugh. Oh hum, at least I'm being entertained.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One day in a five star beautiful resort in a far away land We returned back to our room to find three or four Eygptians hanging drapes in bare feet. If only the phone would have rang, i could have used your line. "I'll get it" I think you should have snapped some pictures:)

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    I personally think you are funny, and had I been there, I would have laughed con mucho gusto. (I learned that from Cal who learned it from Dora.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home