Angels In My Rearview

I am a 30 year old MOM of 2, WIFE of 1. My chilluns are almost 3 and 1. I live in Texas as of the beginning of 2006. I have a wonderful and nearly-perfect husband who such praise is lost on because he is much less swayed by any acclaim, or already knows it. I am mostly fulfilled by my job, sometimes overwhelmed, and frequently searching for deeper meaning under piles of laundry. I believe in documenting the things that leave impressions and that make you laugh. Thus, I blog.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

We are sick sick people around here

First it was Ben with the spots, then Avery with the whining, then spots, now cough, and now it's Jay, with the whining, oh wait, I mean, he's just sick. He's really sick. Usually when he's sick, I forget he is because he just acts normal. When I'M sick, everyone within a 10 mile radius knows, and many many others who are further but can be reached by phone. So, when Jay mentions more than once he doesn't feel right, I'm imagining all sorts of horrible things being wrong. He says it's only the flu. It just looks different on me.

Really all it means is I have to clean up the dinner mess all by myself. I would leave it for when Jay is feeling better, but he's going out of town again tomorrow.

At dinner Ben said, very vegetarianistically "I don't like meat." I said, "since when?" and he said, "In five minutes."

I spilled all our leftovers as I was putting them away in the fridge.

I sent a couple of pieces of roast over to my neighbor's house (before I dropped it all on the floor) with Ben and found him 10 minutes later stomping through the mud, clinging to a kickball, and barely still holding the ziplock of roast. You can't trust a 2 year old to run your errands like you used to.

I stepped outside my back door a couple of days ago, when Avery was in the throes of not feeling well and this is what I found:

Avery is so my child. She found the first willing participant and flopped herself back to be held and coddled. I don't get to do much flopping these days, but I do dream.
Did I mention I spilled all the leftovers from dinner as I was putting them into the fridge?

I'm looking into paid vacation benefits for stay-at-home-moms. Do you know how long you have to work at this job before you get any?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger ShelahBooksIt said…

    Sorry about the sickness at your house. I spilled all of my leftovers on the floor the other night (arrabiata sauce) and I was so depressed. Nothing worse than cleaning up good food you were looking forward to eating from all over the floor. And it's even worse when you can't even blame it on one of the kids.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    Oh. Sad, sad, sad. I am sorry for Jay and that you have to clean up the kitchen, and I am mourning your roast beef's untimely end on the floor of your kitchen. But your kids are adorable, spotted or not, and Avery is a hoot to find consolation like that.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry. What a crappy day you are having!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home