Angels In My Rearview

I am a 30 year old MOM of 2, WIFE of 1. My chilluns are almost 3 and 1. I live in Texas as of the beginning of 2006. I have a wonderful and nearly-perfect husband who such praise is lost on because he is much less swayed by any acclaim, or already knows it. I am mostly fulfilled by my job, sometimes overwhelmed, and frequently searching for deeper meaning under piles of laundry. I believe in documenting the things that leave impressions and that make you laugh. Thus, I blog.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Eviction

So, we may or may not be evicted tonight at midnight. I once watched a Michael Mo.o.re movie, that one he fabricated did about Roger the GM dude, and I saw a family get evicted. I imagine having to throw all my stuff into garbage bags (because that's more dramatic than the boxes I have stashed and luggage) and drag my babies out in their stained onsies and droopy diapers and all the while cursing the man---whoever he is. It might happen---we have 26 minutes until I'll know for sure. But if midnight rolls around and I still have a place to lay my head....well, then in the morning I'm marching up to the office and raising cane. Because I don't need this kind of junk in my life.

Jay accidentally wrote a check from an old account that has 32 cents in it. As soon as I realized he'd done this, I wrote a new check and took it in. It did not get delivered to the right hands. That's happened to me about 5 times now, in the 6 months I've lived here. They have gone through three entire different staffs of management since I moved here. I'd say something's amiss up in management land. Well, anyway---I think eviction is somewhat of a drastic response to a lousy bounced check and poor communication. Jay would have evicted me years ago if that were an appropriate response.

That's pretty much all I really had to say.
P.S. Blogger Spell Check just suggested that I change "onesies" to "honkies". We are. But I won't.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Super Happy Girl said…

    Angela: that's terrible >:(
    Sorry you had to spend the day worrying about that, they should definitely get an earful tomorrow, mommies do not need that kind of junk in their lives.

     
  • At 5:33 AM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    you are hilarious and I am so glad you are back that I want to fall at your feet and hold onto your legs so you can't be evicted.

    "Jay would have evicted me years ago..." CRACKED. ME. UP.

    management companies are my arch nemesis.

    and how did NCS beat me AND s to the first comment?

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what's up? Did you get evicted? What a bunch of nonsense. I'm glad you guys had a good trip. I'd write more, but Sophie's forcibly pushing me out of the computer chair. Charming, eh?

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Super Happy Girl said…

    CYM: don't you know I live on-line? I have no life whatsoever...

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Millie said…

    LOL... oh, the times I would have been evicted. I'd be a homeless woman by now.

    It's true. No Cool has no other life. I can verify this.

    Angela, best of luck... what a pain apartments are. I'm so sorry.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Oh my gosh! Naddin J, verifying that NCS has no life just cracked me up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home