Angels In My Rearview

I am a 30 year old MOM of 2, WIFE of 1. My chilluns are almost 3 and 1. I live in Texas as of the beginning of 2006. I have a wonderful and nearly-perfect husband who such praise is lost on because he is much less swayed by any acclaim, or already knows it. I am mostly fulfilled by my job, sometimes overwhelmed, and frequently searching for deeper meaning under piles of laundry. I believe in documenting the things that leave impressions and that make you laugh. Thus, I blog.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday Tidbits

I haven't felt like posting or reading or commenting for the past several days. Still don't really feel like it, but there have been several things in the last few days that have made me laugh that I just need to record.

Conversations with Ben:

Ben: Mom, stop singing that song, I don't like it!
Mom: Well then! Who died and made you king?
Ben: I did! You're the King! And I'm Fiona the Princess! (or rather "Piona the Frincess")

Ben: But this shirt is wet!
Me: It's okay, it will dry fast, I just sprayed it with Febreeze because it kind of smelled bad. (From sitting in the washer too long, that slight mildewy smell, lovely)
Ben: So. So, (with much consternation) everyone tooted on my shirt and now it fmells bad?

I just want to know who exactly he thinks goes around "tooting" on small boy's shirts.

Ben: What are you getting?
Me: I'm getting some grapes for Avery to eat, would you like some too?
Ben: Oh mom, you're just adorable.

Avery said, Good Girl "goo-grr" to me while I was cleaning up Ben's toys. She also said, "Thank You" "Koo-koooo!" to Ben for giving her a filler book after yanking the one he wanted out of her hands.

My brother-in-law is a little angel in a 14 year old boy body. He has helped me SO much this week with the kids and childcare and housekeeping and laughing at dumb things. He cleaned the kitchen of his own volition a couple of days ago. He unloads the dishwasher every morning, takes out the trash every other day, and makes Ben stop saying, "Mom, look at this" every 5 seconds.

Now I'm going to go on a double date with two very cute Bryner boys. I think I'll probably end up paying, but whatever.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Big Jay said…

    Sounds like I missed a whole lot of cute

    Please tell Ben that I didn't once toot

    Spent today teaching a crew how to clean

    But I still am heavy, I wish I were lean

    Alone I'm a loser like David Lee Roth

    Life on the road is like pho without broth

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    Nice poem, Big Jay. Made me want some pho.

    Nice post, Angela - even in the midst of blog blahs and spouselessness. :) How do we do it?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home