Angels In My Rearview

I am a 30 year old MOM of 2, WIFE of 1. My chilluns are almost 3 and 1. I live in Texas as of the beginning of 2006. I have a wonderful and nearly-perfect husband who such praise is lost on because he is much less swayed by any acclaim, or already knows it. I am mostly fulfilled by my job, sometimes overwhelmed, and frequently searching for deeper meaning under piles of laundry. I believe in documenting the things that leave impressions and that make you laugh. Thus, I blog.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back in the Saddle Sweltering Heat

I have a couple of things I want to post, but I just came across this website you can do a celebrity match to your face. It's pretty darn hilarious. I'm sure it all depends on what picture you give it to match, but I've been flattered and insulted all at once with just a click of the mouse. This is how I look:

To keep the results "accurate" I put in three different pictures of me and these two came up every time:


The first one is Kylie Minogue (don't know who she is) and the second is Mollie Ringwald. Great big fat newsflash on that one. I've been told that I look like her since I was in pampers. Or at least since Sixteen Candles came out. Turns out though, I had to do a little work to find Ms Pretty In Pink, prettily clothed in any color. Hmmmm.

Anyway, while I don't mind being compared to these two, I must confess, some men made it on the list.


People just can't get past the red hair and squinty eyes. Whatever. One thing I will point out, that might not be readily apparent to the naked eye....these women spend considerably more time on their hair. Ron probably would, but he just can't.

I put in the cutest pictures of Ben and Avery that I could find.
The list of who Ben looks the most like goes: Rachel Bilson, Sophie Marceau, and Bic Runga. All females. The first male listed: Julio Iglesias. And I'm not real up to date on how that man looks, but in the photo they provide, it looks like a drunk, binged out, mug shot.
With Avery it's: James Doohan (trekkies love my daughter probably), Jerry Lee Lewis, Ulysses S Grant, and THEN Shirley Temple.

That's all. It was very fun for me to see that my son looks like an Asian model and my daughter looks like an 1870's United States President. They must get their looks from their Asian-Hispanic-Bearded-19th Century father because we all saw who I look like...

Oops, totally forgot to tell you the site---of course you'll want to see what kind of celebrity hotness you are yourselves!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! How was your trip? And how was Ben's special day? Last question, what site did you do this celebrity face match on? I'd like to try it, although I'm a little worried it will confirm what people have always told me, that I look like Barbara Streisand.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    oh...I am so glad you are back. Even if you do look like Opie. I mean Molly.

    Actually, there is another blogger who I think you look like, but I will send her pic to you via e-mail.

    This post cracked me up and I SOOOOO needed it. You're the best.

    Julio? Jerry Lee? Come on.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just popped in to say G'day, and thought I'd let you know who Kylie Minogue is. Kylie is the biggest selling Australian female pop artist since Olivia Newton John .... I really hope you know who she is! Kylie is in the Aussie/UK news at the moment as she is in recovery from breast cancer. Kylie first came to fame in a local soap playing a teenage sweetheart. Hope this cleared up who Kylie is .... it's a compliment I swear.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    P.S. The picture of you is really pretty.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Big Jay said…

    Hey cute picture

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to vomit, that post is so funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home